Of all the restorations we offer, dental crowns are the most versatile. Commonly referred to as caps, we use dental crowns because they surround a tooth to protect and strengthen it.
At Alpharetta Creek Restorative Dentistry, there are several cases where Dr. Kai Liang would recommend a crown:
- A tooth is so damaged that a dental filling is not sufficient to support it
- A tooth has been filled too many times and requires a crown for support and protection
- We have performed a root canal on a tooth, and a crown is needed to restore function
- To improve the size, shape, shade, or positioning of a tooth
Steps Involved in Placing a Crown
Over the years, we have perfected the art of creating beautiful, natural-looking crowns that improve your oral health and your appearance. The process is comfortable, and once we decide a crown is an appropriate choice for you, we can usually place it in just three steps:
- The first step involves shaping the tooth to allow enough room for the crown to fit correctly. We then take impressions of your teeth to make a model that will be used to create your new crown. The last step of this appointment is to place a temporary crown.
- We send the information we gather to a dental lab where your new crown is painstakingly crafted to our specifications by skilled technicians. This process usually takes about two weeks.
- When we receive your new crown back from the lab, we will have you return to our office where we will check the crown for fit to make sure it doesn’t interfere with your bite. When we are both satisfied with the result, we will polish the crown and cement it in place.
Please Call Us to Learn More
If you live in the Milton, GA area and are interested in crowns or other restorative dentistry, please call us to arrange a consultation with Dr. Liang at your convenience!