Emergency Dentistry in Alpharetta, GA
If you’ve ever experienced a dental emergency, you know they can happen at the worst times and turn your life upside down when they do. One moment everything’s great, and the next, your tooth hurts so much you can’t think straight.
It’s times like these it's good to know there's a trusted dental professional like Dr. Kai Liang at Alpharetta Creek Restorative Dentistry to turn to. We know you can’t anticipate all dental emergencies, so we always leave extra time in our daily schedule to make yours a priority. Please call us at (770) 777-2803 to get the relief you need.
Call Us with Your Dental Emergency Now
With true dental emergencies that involve pain, we will typically bring you in as soon as possible, usually the same day. We will do our best to get all emergencies in as quickly as possible, but depending on that day's schedule, and the severity of your emergency, treatments may take more than one visit. Give us a call, and we can look into your situation!
- What dental emergencies do you treat?
- What emergency dental procedures do you perform?
- Is a lost crown a dental emergency?
- My tooth is knocked out! What should I do?
- Do you see dental emergencies after hours?
- How can I prevent dental emergencies in the future?
What dental emergencies do you treat?
At Alpharetta Creek Restorative Dentistry, if it’s a concern to you, it’s a concern to us. Dr. Kai Liang is an experienced dentist in Alpharetta, GA that provides emergency dentistry to resolve problems like:
- Lost fillings
- Lost or broken crowns
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Infected or abscessed teeth
- Swollen, bleeding, or tender gums
- Cracked or broken dentures
- Knocked-out tooth
There are all sorts of dental emergencies, so if you don’t see yours listed here, call us at (770) 777-2803. We’ll listen to your concerns and get you on our schedule right away—usually the same day if you’re in pain.
What emergency dental procedures do you perform?
Dr. Kai Liang has all the skills and expertise needed to handle a wide range of dental emergencies here in our Alpharetta dental office. Some of the most common procedures we perform are:
- Root canal therapy– For many people, the first sign that they have an infected root canal is tooth pain that worsens over time. We need to provide relief by removing the infection from your tooth and protecting it with a temporary filling.
- Tooth-colored fillings – If you have tooth decay that’s causing discomfort, we need to fill the cavity to protect your tooth from further damage and relieve your pain.
- Dental crowns – In some cases, we can fix a damaged or broken dental crown. But if the damage is extensive, Dr. Kai may recommend replacing it with a new restoration to protect and strengthen the tooth.
- Tooth extractions – We make every effort to keep your teeth strong, healthy, and intact for as long as possible. But sometimes a tooth is so damaged that it is beyond saving, and we need to remove it to protect your overall oral health.
Depending on your dental emergency, Dr. Kai may not have enough time to complete your treatment the same day. But we will get you out of pain and provide interim treatment for relief until our soonest available appointment.
Is a lost crown a dental emergency?
If you lose a crown, the first step is to call Alpharetta Creek Restorative Dentistry and let us know what is happening. Our knowledgeable team is trained to understand how to help our patients who have an emergency. If and when you need to contact us, you’ll be speaking to someone who will be able to tell you what steps to take and how to handle the problem until you get to our office.
One of the first things we’ll ask is if you are in pain. Crowns often become loose or fall out because the tooth beneath it has a cavity. So when you tell us you’re in pain, it’s a good indication to us that your situation is more critical and that the tooth is at risk for further damage.
If you are not in pain, we may not need to see you on the same day. We’ll get you on our schedule as soon as possible, and explain how to protect the tooth until you get to our office. But this doesn’t mean you can delay treatment indefinitely; remember that we placed the crown to preserve and strengthen the tooth, and now that the dental crown is off, the tooth is unprotected.
When you’re looking for an emergency dentist in John’s Creek, GA, call Alpharetta Creek Restorative Dentistry first at (770) 777-2803. Our dental practice is open on Tuesdays until 7 PM and on Saturdays from 8 to 2 for your convenience. Emergencies often occur after hours, and if they do, we’re here for you. Just call our office and check our voicemail for our emergency contact number.
My tooth is knocked out! What should I do?
In the case of a knocked-out (avulsed) tooth, getting immediate treatment is critical. It is possible to replace a knocked-out tooth, but time is of the essence. We have only a few hours in which we have any hope of replacing the tooth successfully.
Call our Johns Creek, GA dental office first, then take the following steps:
Hold the tooth by the crown, and do not handle or disturb the root or any attached tissues.
- Try to reinsert the tooth gently back into the socket, but do not force it.
- If you can’t reinsert it, keep the tooth moist by placing it in a container of water, milk, or saliva.
- If you can’t find a container, place the tooth in your cheek pocket to keep it moist until you get to our dental office.
If your injury involves trauma to your face or jaw, or you are bleeding excessively, call 911 or go immediately to urgent care or the emergency room.
A knocked-out tooth in John’s Creek, GA can often be saved, but immediate emergency treatment is crucial. Please call our dental office at (770) 777-2803, and we’ll provide the help and relief you need.
Do you see dental emergencies after hours?
When it comes to dental emergencies, you can almost always expect them to occur after regular office hours or on the weekend. Here at Alpharetta Creek Restorative Dentistry, we want to make sure you get the immediate treatment you need, especially if you are in pain. Call our office at (770) 777-2803 and listen to our voicemail message for instructions on reaching us after hours.
How can I prevent dental emergencies in the future?
Some emergencies are unavoidable, as in the case of a tooth that gets knocked out in an accident. But others like dental pain are highly preventable.
The best way to avoid emergency trips to the dentist is to be diligent about your at-home oral hygiene and stay current with routine dental exams and cleanings. During these appointments, Dr. Kai will examine all your teeth and check to make sure all your restorations are in good condition.
Another way to protect your family’s teeth from injury is with a custom mouth guard to wear during sports. Studies show that as much as 39 percent of dental injuries occur during sports activities. Dr. Kai can take impressions of your teeth to create a mouth guard that fits over your teeth snugly for the ultimate protection.
Book your Emergency Dental Appointment at our Alpharetta Dental Office
If you are suffering from a dental emergency, contact our office right away so we can schedule you an appointment.